Dean and Head of The Institute of Child Health & The Children’s Hospital Lahore
BSc (Pb), MBBS (Pb), DCH (Glasgow), MRCP (UK), FRCPCH, FRCP (Edinburgh), CCST- Pediatric Cardiology (UK)
Honors and Awards:
In recognition of his services in the development of pediatrics and pediatric cardiology in Pakistan, he was awarded:
- Tamgha-e-Imtiaz: Conferred by the President of Pakistan on outstanding contribution to the field of medicine (2010).
- SMK Wasti PPA Gold Medal: conferred by the President of Pakistan for meritorious services in the field of pediatrics in Punjab (2014).
- PPA Centre Gold Medal: conferred by the President of Pakistan for excellence in service to children of Pakistan (2014).
- Wasti Memorial Gold Medal: conferred by the Governor of Punjab on best original research paper presentation (1998).
- Certificate of Appreciation: Awarded by the Chief Minister of Punjab in recognition of services as head of Children’s Hospital (2018).
- Amongst the pioneers with Mr. Farhan Ahmad and instrumental in the establishment of “Pakistan Children Heart Foundation”- a section 42 Not for Profit organization. As “voluntary” chief medical advisor, he has been able to get over 2000 children operated free of cost through this organization so far. Land has been donated by “University of Lahore” to establish a not for profit Children’s Heart Hospital and Research Centre in Lahore.
Focal person for international organization called “Chain of Hope”. More than a dozen Pakistani children have been operated through this organization in UK and other countries free of charge.